Angler Environmental is committed to maintaining a safe and effective working environment for our employees. Led by a full-time Director of Environmental Health, Safety, and Training, Angler Environmental has implemented a company-wide safety program that provides each employee with relevant training. Examples of trainings provided to Angler Environmental employees include:
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER (& Supervisor)
- 30 Hour OSHA Course for Construction Industry
- Confined Space Entry
- Respirator Fit Testing & Training
- Reasonable Suspicion Testing
- Weekly Toolbox Training (Company-Wide)
- Semiannual, Corporate Stand-down Safety Training
- Leadership & Management Development
- CPR, First Aid, & AED
- Asbestos Awareness
- Excavation, Trenching & Soil Mechanics
- DOT-Compliant Utility Excavation Certifications
In addition to semiannual safety and training days required for all employees, Angler Environmental conducts weekly toolbox trainings to remain abreast of active, emerging, and latent environmental health and safety risks. Each week a different topic is covered and compliance is measured and tracked by our Director of Environmental Health, Safety, and Training and supporting safety officers.
Angler Environmental’s commitment to safety is documented in an official Environmental Health and Safety Policy, which outlines the policies and programs that have allowed Angler Environmental to achieve the following rates/ratings:
- 2015 EMR – 0.72
- 2015 LWR – 0.00 (2014 – 0.0)
- 2015 IR – 1.4 (2014 – 2.29)
- 2015 DART – 0.7 (2014 – 1.53)
- 0 lost time injuries for over 2.5 year
In 2016 and 2015, Angler Environmental was awarded BB&T’s prestigious Lighthouse Beam Safety Award for excellence in safety program management. Criteria for the award include a firm’s workers compensation policy loss ratio, workers compensation experience modification rate (EMR), and BLS/DART/OSHA recordable incident rate.
In 2016, Angler Environmental was awarded the BB&T Transportation Safety Award and Amerisure Insurance’s Outstanding Safety Award, as well. These commendations reflect Angler Environmental’s commitment to the safety and health of our employees, customers, and the public.